The West Africa Network for Peacebuiding (WANEP) Nigeria was established out of necessity to provide an organized platform for collaborative peacebuilding for conflict transformation and development in Nigeria by indigenous Non Governmental Organizations with diverse capacities and interest in human rights, conflict transformation and good governance.
Job Description: Ref: WANEP/AO
Job Title: Accounts Officer
Purpose: To assist the Finance Manager in the efficient and effective coordination and
management of the Accounts Department of WANEP- Nigeria.
Expectation: The Accounts Officer is responsible for providing support to the Finance
Manager in areas of book keeping and other accounting works.
Immediate Supervisor: Finance Manager
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- The ideal candidate will possess a OND/HND/B.Sc. in Accounting or Finance (or
- He/She should preferably come aboard with a good knowledge of civil society
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 2years experience in book keeping/accounting
- He/She must possess excellent IT and analytical skills, including the ability to
analyze processes and solve problems in a complex system.
- Must possess the initiative and the ability to work effectively in a team
- Excellent PC skills, especially in the use of Microsoft Excel and Contemporary
- Working knowledge of accounting principles and banking laws and regulations
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Possess good interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills with ability
to adapt and cope with pressure
- Willing to travel and work outside normal hours
- Display organizational awareness and commitment
- Ability to ensure a clean and friendly working environment in the office
- Not more than 27 years